Archive for the ‘Education’ Category
One of the biggest mistakes of President Ronald Reagan was his failure to deliver on a promise to abolish the federal Department of Education.
When you hear someone mention that today, he or she is regarded as a complete nincompoop, who has little regard for children.
Most people don’t remember life before the federal Department of Education. It was created in 1979 by Jimmy Carter and we did quite well without it. Read the rest of this entry »
The bumbling, vice president who was put in charge of:
- touting the administration’s record on transparency (his speeches are often off-limits to the press)
- ensuring that the $787-billion stimulus spending was done wisely (cost taxpayers $278,000 per job)
- holding fund raisers to help Democrat Party keep control of the House of Representatives (GOP now holds a 48-seat advantage)
- reaching a budget compromise last winter (veep got rolled, Bush tax cuts were extended)
- getting a solution to the debt ceiling crisis (don’t hold your breath)
finally won one! Read the rest of this entry »